Monday, January 3, 2011

Jared's Baptism and Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert

Saturday December 18th, Jared was baptized at our stake center in Lindon.  He was so excited to have his baptism where his extended family could participate.  The musical number Jared requested was I am a Child of God which Doug accompanied.  Janell spoke on baptism and I gave the talk on the gift of the Holy Ghost.  Some of the Lindon 12th ward members came too :)   Thanks Bishop and Sister Mickelsen and all of our family and friends who helped support Jared!

That evening Jared, Alyssa, and their cousin Rebecca went with us to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's Christmas concert at Temple Square while Tyler and Katie went to a UVU basketball game with Scott.  We had tickets to the North Visitor's Center and enjoyed getting the chance to watch David Archuleta and all the other performers.  If you didn't get a chance to watch Music and the Spoken Word from December 19th, try to do that.  Next year the concert will be on DVD and they announced they were taping it for future airing on PBS.  After the concert, we walked around to see the Christus statue and the lights before heading home.




Spending time near the temple was the perfect way to end Jared's special day!  I am thankful for the Savior and his love for us.  We have the chance to be together as a family forever due to His atonement.  I have been blessed and I'm grateful for the chance to repent and change my life for the better.

1 comment: