Saturday, January 8, 2011

Alyssa's 12th Birthday

I can't believe my first baby is 12 already!  I am so blessed to have her for a daughter.  I don't know what I would do without her help and her ability to comfort others.  She truly has a compassionate heart and wants to make life better for others.  She loves attending the high school this year and doesn't want to move away from this gated subdivision.  Her grades are better than they've ever been and she is realizing that she is smarter than she thought she was.  I hope with the Lord's help I can make it through the teenage years that are quickly approaching.  Time is speeding by and I want to enjoy where she is today.

For her birthday, Tyler and I took her to Sea World for the day and let her choose what we would do the whole time.  She and I took turns riding Manta since Tyler is too small.  I seriously need to remember a ponytail holder!  That roller coaster positions you face down while you ride and my hair is quite a problem.  The rest of the day was spent seeing A'lure! twice, touring the shark exhibit, the penguin exhibit and watching the Christmas Clyde and Seamore show.


By seven, we were exhausted and ready for dinner.  We tried Kobe since they sent Alyssa $15 off for her birthday.  It was delicious and I couldn't believe how much food we were given.  I took most of mine home to share with the rest of the family.  Alyssa had a 4 oz. Filet Mignon steak that was so good she wished she had a larger serving.  After the meal, the staff brought her a cupcake and a tall hat and sang to her.  I loved seeing her so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment