On Wednesday I finished parent teacher conferences:
Tyler is working at a 1st grade level in reading, writing, math and spelling, but he is missing some skills like small hand coordination and turning some of his numbers and letters backwards. He passed pre-screening for gifted placement.
Jared is ready to work on 7th grade math and his teacher suggested I get him a workbook to do here since they can't go that far in 3rd grade. I'm going to have my hands full! It's a good thing I like algebra. He was disappointed to see a B on his report card because he forgot to study for a science test. Hopefully he will be more careful this term. He is so far above grade level in reading and math that we need to find new ways to challenge him... I'm wondering about space camp or engineering camp this summer.
Katie has straight A's this quarter and is above grade level in reading and math. Her writing has improved dramatically this year but she still hates to do it. She is the top student in her class. Her teacher had no complaints about her behavior - yay! I wish she was as well behaved at home as she is in her classes...
Alyssa didn't have parent teacher conferences, but she brought home her best report card in years! She only had one B. Her math class isn't challenging to her but she loves her classes this year. After passing her gifted screening this summer, I think she realized that her brain works better than she thought it did. She has been very responsible about staying on task and finishing her homework.
No comments:
Post a Comment