Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Rainy, Cold NYC

Guess what I did while I was in NYC...

My first stop was Troy's office in Queens and a shop next door for an umbrella since it was so cold and rainy.  I took the subway into Manhattan to begin my quest for the best DESSERTS.  I did some research on Yelp before my trip and narrowed it down to two shops.

My first stop was Two Little Red Hens and I tried a mini red velvet and mini pumpkin cupcake.  They were delicious and just the right size for a snack.  I had read reviews of the Brooklyn Blackout cupcake, so I took a large one to go to share with Troy later.  My umbrella disintegrated while I walked and left me with only my hood from my jacket.  I've learned my lesson from buying a cheap one!  

My friend had posted pictures of her PB&J doughnut from Doughnut Plant and I had to go try it for myself.  Of course, when I arrived at the shop, I met this lovely display that urged me to try several of the tasty treats :)  So, my favorite was the creme brulee, followed closely by the PB&J.  The pumpkin and tres leches were pretty tasty too!  I shared a bite of everything with Troy except the creme brulee because you can see it was just too small to split...  

No comments:

Post a Comment