Last Monday, Troy called from work to tell me to be ready to go out at 4:30 and wouldn't tell me where we were going. He took me to http://www.farrisandfosters.com/Chocolate_Parties.pdf and we got to dip/make our own chocolates to take home. It was so much fun! And I've always enjoyed eating dessert first :) They had a cookie sheet with ready made treats to sample while we were there since they weigh all the chocolate that you make at the end. We made all of our treats out of dark chocolate, but they also had milk and white chocolate to choose from. They had truffle fillings, fresh fruit, nuts, dried fruits, marshmallows, licorice, rice krispy treats, caramel, Oreos, coconut filling (my favorite), and so much more. I definitely want to take the kids and do it again! What a fun date! This was 1.2 lbs of tasty bites we shared with the family later.
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Our 16th Anniversary
I can't believe that Troy and I have been married for 16 WHOLE YEARS already!!! I am one lucky lady! We haven't had all smooth sailing, but it has been worth it. You all know how difficult I can be :)
Last Monday, Troy called from work to tell me to be ready to go out at 4:30 and wouldn't tell me where we were going. He took me to http://www.farrisandfosters.com/Chocolate_Parties.pdf and we got to dip/make our own chocolates to take home. It was so much fun! And I've always enjoyed eating dessert first :) They had a cookie sheet with ready made treats to sample while we were there since they weigh all the chocolate that you make at the end. We made all of our treats out of dark chocolate, but they also had milk and white chocolate to choose from. They had truffle fillings, fresh fruit, nuts, dried fruits, marshmallows, licorice, rice krispy treats, caramel, Oreos, coconut filling (my favorite), and so much more. I definitely want to take the kids and do it again! What a fun date! This was 1.2 lbs of tasty bites we shared with the family later.
Our dinner portion of the date was at Chatham's Place and it was so wonderful I had to do a review on TripAdvisor! http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34515-d657397-r87945471-Chatham_s_Place-Orlando_Florida.html The chef sent out several free tastings even though we only ordered entrées and a side of mashed potatoes for dinner and creme brulee of course for dessert. The sourdough bread with feta cheese spread was heavenly! They brought dessert out with a candle and flower to celebrate our anniversary. I used a Restaurant.com $25 gift certificate that I bought for $2 to make the meal more affordable. The restaurant is very small and only had two other parties eating while we were there. I enjoyed the chance to be able to have a conversation without repeating myself :) We also had enough leftovers for a snack the next day - yay!
Last Monday, Troy called from work to tell me to be ready to go out at 4:30 and wouldn't tell me where we were going. He took me to http://www.farrisandfosters.com/Chocolate_Parties.pdf and we got to dip/make our own chocolates to take home. It was so much fun! And I've always enjoyed eating dessert first :) They had a cookie sheet with ready made treats to sample while we were there since they weigh all the chocolate that you make at the end. We made all of our treats out of dark chocolate, but they also had milk and white chocolate to choose from. They had truffle fillings, fresh fruit, nuts, dried fruits, marshmallows, licorice, rice krispy treats, caramel, Oreos, coconut filling (my favorite), and so much more. I definitely want to take the kids and do it again! What a fun date! This was 1.2 lbs of tasty bites we shared with the family later.
Labels:
Anniversary,
Troy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment