On Monday morning I headed to an appointment with a third eye doctor because nothing anyone else has given me worked. After waiting 4.5 hours, I finally saw the doctor and he removed the problem sty and told me I have ocular rosacea. Unfortunately that means problems with my eyelids will be reoccurring :( Now I am trying to learn how to be proactive in treating it since it isn't curable.
After the procedure, I had my eye patched and couldn't drive home for a while. I didn't realized when I went to the appointment that I needed to bring a driver... When I took off the patch, I looked so scary! The office gave me some paper sunglasses to wear home. On the way home I stopped at Costco for my new $$ eye gel drops and the library for some Playaways because I couldn't open my right eye to read or have any light from a TV. By the time I got home I was in so much pain and starving since I didn't expect an all day trip. I went straight to bed and stayed there for 24 hours. My sweet husband made homemade chicken soup since I was still sick with a flu on top of being miserable from my eye.
Thankfully the swelling has gone down mostly and I'm not embarrassed to walk out the door anymore. I wonder how long it will take to feel better. I have 2 months of antibiotic drops prescribed and they only sell it in 10 day bottles, so that is going to add up fast. It's too bad it is the only kind of medicine that will work. I didn't take any pictures of me looking scary - sorry Kev.
No comments:
Post a Comment