This May Troy and I belatedly celebrated our 15th anniversary. Lee and Bonnie came to stay with the kids and we were able to take a much needed week long vacation sans kiddos. JetBlue flies directly from Orlando to Montego Bay, so our flights were nice and short. When we arrived in Jamaica, we were taken to the Sandals lounge for some snacks and drinks while we waited for our ride out to the resort. The drive was 1 1/2 hours of windy, narrow mountain roads with some crazy drivers. I was glad to leave it to our driver and enjoy the scenery. I was lucky enough to sit in the front row so I didn't get too carsick. The resort was gorgeous and very clean. My favorite thing about Sandals is their all-inclusive is more inclusive than most: scuba, snorkeling, water toys, glass bottom boat rides, food, and transportation to and from the resort. We were able to learn how to sail a Hobie Cat (SOOOO Fun!!!), take a sea kayak to the reef and peddle an aquatrike. They also had a free couples' massage class. The food wasn't the greatest, but one meal stood out as the best. It was a steak/prawn main course with a cherry creme brulee - WOW! I had that meal 3 times :) They also had a crepe restaurant, so of course I went there often. One day they had chocolate covered strawberries there too, but I checked back after that and they never had them again. There was a man on the beach who made the best jerk chicken served with delicious rolls. One night they had a chocolate buffet that was fun to try.
 |
| Our Room |
 |
| The View from Our Balcony |
 |
| This Peacock is Very Forward (He hopped up next to me to share my food!) |
 |
| The Wedding Spot |
 |
| Conch Shell on Glass Bottom Boat Trip |
 |
| Jellyfish Held to Avoid Stinging |
 |
| Giant Startfish Everywhere |
 |
| Chocolate Buffet :) |
We came home with mosquito and sand flea bites and decided we'd rather go to our lovely Florida beaches, but for fun activities and relaxation Sandals was great. We had rain daily, but it was usually short and then the weather was more comfortable the rest of the day.
We had a wonderful time and will go again...
Maybe next time we'll try Beaches which is for families and not just couples.
Ooh! Pretty pictures! Looks like an amazing place to visit! Congrats on 15 years!
ReplyDelete