On Friday we packed the van and took a road trip to FLL for another Jetblue Fair Saturday. We've been to one in Park City and another in Boston this summer. I've had reservations at the Springhill Suites at the airport for months, but was hoping to save some $ and bid on Priceline for a room. After 2 failed bids, I got a room at the same hotel I'd planned on for $40/night plus taxes and fees. There regular rate is $119/night, so I was super excited with my "deal." We stopped at a Mexican restaurant for dinner that was #1 on TripAdvisor and I was very disappointed with the food. I've had better tacos from a truck! The hotel was lovely and the kids enjoyed swimming at the pool Friday night before we went to bed. I was feeling pretty sick, so I took my Nyquil and slept soundly.

Saturday morning we drove around Dania Beach and stopped for some daytime cold medicine before heading over to the park. We got there right at 11 when they started, so the kids got to ride on everything they wanted to with no lines. Our camera battery was dead, so I took pictures from my cell phone. One of these days I'll be able to get the pictures off of that phone... The pictures I'm including were taken my a photographer for JetBlue and I thought it was funny that they are almost all of Ty.
 |
| Troy trying to demonstrate proper cotton candy technique |
 |
| There was unlimited cotton candy, snow cones, popcorn and ice cream from an ice cream truck. |
 |
| This picture ended up in JetBlue's photo log of the party. |
No comments:
Post a Comment