Saturday, October 2, 2010

September was Magical Dining Month

My favorite month of the year for dining out in Orlando just ended.  Every September I look forward to eating out due to Magical Dining Month.  The program gives a list of all the restaurants participating and includes each restaurant's special Magical Dining Menu on their website. All meals are $30 for three courses at some really fabulous restaurants.  Since the program is over, you can't see the menus from the restaurants on the list this year.  Troy and I ate at Roy's Hawaiian Fusion and The Capital Grille the last two nights of the month since we hadn't gotten out to any yet.  I wish I had time to try more of them.  

My favorite dishes at Roy's were their edamame (served in place of a bread basket) short ribs, spicy tuna roll, and flourless chocolate (lava) cake with ice cream and raspberry sauce.  I had macadamia crusted Mahi Mahi and it was wonderful for lunch the next day too!  My cell phone somehow fell into the short ribs...  haha...  but the service there is so wonderful that our waiter came out immediately with a damp warm cloth to clean it off.

The Capital Grille is one of my favorite restaurants due to its vanilla creme brulee.  YUMMMMMM!  It is pretty expensive normally, similar to Ruth's Chris.  We both had the Filet Mignon and the creme brulee because they were favorites from last year.  (Troy says he almost lost a finger when he tried some of my dessert after finishing his own.)  The mashed potatoes were delicious also.  I could pass on their clam chowder though.  This restaurant is located on International Drive near the convention center and includes validation on the $8 valet parking service.


  http://www.orlandoinfo.com/magicaldining/
 I'm already looking forward to next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment