Thursday, September 23, 2010
Back to School Night
School update: Tuesday night I headed over to the elementary school to meet with the kids teachers before heading out to the movies with the family. Our school has over 900 kids so they divided the times for parents to come into K-2 and 3-5. Since I didn't have time to spend all night at the school, I just visited with Tyler's teacher (Mrs. Parkkila) first and then went around to see if the other teachers were available. Tyler is doing well in school and will be doing first grade material shortly. He is reading really well, but his handwriting needs some work. Jared's teacher (Mrs. VanAlstyne) told me that he is doing much better socially this year. She moved up to 3rd grade with her class intact from last year and that has been really wonderful for him. Katie's teacher (Mrs. Machado) has been working on writing with her class and Katie's writing sample is much better in one month than I expected. The last teacher on my list was the gifted teacher (Mrs. Rodriguez). She is new this year and I was so impressed with her. The kids have been doing several experiments each day and studying the digestive system. She told me that Jared likes to pace while thinking about solutions to problems and she lets him. Jared goes to gifted on Fridays and he told me that I couldn't check him out of school early because he didn't want to miss any of his gifted class.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment