This is my least favorite week in a long time: Troy has two business trips with no time in between to come home. He spent the past 3 days in San Francisco and now he's heading to NYC. It's kind of strange to chat with him on Facebook instead of over the phone. He called tonight and told me he is bringing me a surprise... I have to wait until Friday to find out what it is though. I'm counting down the days, but it really is for Troy's homecoming and not my surprise :) We are excited for Lee and Bonnie to come for a visit this weekend too!
The kids have been begging me to take them to NY to visit him, but it is hard to travel with Alyssa in middle school. I still haven't decided if I'll try it, but I think not. I tried to get a babysitter so I could go with him again, but it didn't work out. Today Katie and Jared had fevers, so I'm glad I'm here with them. I hope they'll be feeling better tomorrow.
Yesterday at a stake activity I traded some clothes that my kids and I don't wear anymore for a gorgeous red dress and capris for Alyssa and a swimsuit for me and a book "Extraordinary Uses for Ordinary Things" for Jared. I have been hearing all about the many uses of vinegar and ice cream scoops :) I also got "Spiritual Revival" by Glenn L. Pace which is a more in depth look at a conference talk he gave. It's hard to find LDS books down here. I'm so used to Costco and garage sales having them in Utah.
No comments:
Post a Comment