Monday, December 13, 2010

JetBlue Holiday Party

Friday was a crazy day because Troy was on the "Fun" committee at work and was responsible for planning the local holiday party at Gaylord Palms in Kissimmee.  He had to be there by 5:30 pm and I had a hair appointment at the Aveda college at 11 am and then had to go find a dress.  The woman who cut and styled my hair was fabulous and I found out that she was graduating from the master's program the following day.  I was so happy with the results this time :)  Then I headed over to use my $50 Groupon to Nordstrom Rack for a dress.  After trying on 13 dresses, I narrowed it down to three and had the woman working at the dressing room help me decide which one to buy.  I was so excited to have a new MODEST dress to wear!  It was really tough to find something pretty and appropriate.

I hung out an read a book while Troy finished preparing for the party.  There were almost 500 guests in the ballroom and Troy told me that it can accommodate 1000.  

The dinner buffet was delicious and I wish I had taken pictures of the food.  My favorite desserts were the gingerbread cheesecake and the chocolate covered strawberries (I think I had at least 10!)  The salad dressing was a cranberry vinaigrette - WOW!  I want that recipe.  


After dinner we danced a little and then were taken to see the ICE! exhibit downstairs.  The resort had already closed the venue to the public, so we had a private tour.  The exhibit is kept at 9 degrees F.  I was glad they had huge jackets to wear and thankful for my slippers (I brought them to change out of my heels).  The first part of ICE! is a colorful rendition of Twas the Night before Christmas.


Yes that is all ice!  I want to read more about the process used to build the amazing sculptures.





I am thankful for a season to celebrate the birth of our Savior.
Merry Christmas to all of my family and friends!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Nae! You look gorgeous! Love the hair. Love the dress. Troy, do you know how lucky you are?

    ReplyDelete