Saturday, May 21, 2011

Hip Dysplasia

I was diagnosed back in February and have been to five doctors who have not been able to help me with my hips because I am so young.  The doctors who do hip replacements don't want to do mine yet because there is no guarantee of the length of time they'll last and I'll almost certainly need them done again down the road.  Last Monday I went to a pediatric orthopedic physician in Orlando who does the osteotomy surgery that 2 of the other doctors suggested would be my best option at this point.  After taking more X-rays, Dr. Herrera-Soto told me that I definitely need surgery.  I am going to try to see a few other doctors before making the final decision, but I am glad to have found someone who explained everything to me so thoroughly.  I didn't feel rushed and the doctor was very understanding.  He wants me to complete physical therapy before the surgery so I can make a better recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment