After taking a day to recover from the last trip, I got up early and caught a flight to NYC to see a taping of auditions for America's Got Talent on Friday April 1st. It was cold and rainy, but I was determined to make it there anyway. I waited in line for a couple hours to make sure I would have a seat. They threw away my water bottle and all the food I had with me before going into the Hammerstein Theater. I wasn't as early in line as last year, so I ended up on the front row of the 2nd balcony. The main floor is reserved for groups mostly from area high schools and for the friends and family of the performers. During my taping, I saw 13 acts and 8 of them made it to Vegas for the next round. I liked 7 of the 8... The other one was an example of why they require kids to be 14 to attend the show.
When the taping ended, I walked to Home on 8th for some soup and pot-stickers and then headed over to Doughnut Plant in Chelsea again for a creme brulee doughnut. While I was there I picked up a coconut doughnut too and enjoyed it later that evening.
Then it was back to the airport where I found out the flight I was hoping to take home was full. All the flights out of JFK were packed, so Troy helped me find a way to get home by flying to Syracuse and sleeping there. You have to go out of the secure area and then go back in the following morning. They don't have food services open late, but a police officer said several places will deliver to the airport. I have decided that Syracuse is my favorite airport for sleeping. The benches are comfortable and it is quiet at night. The next morning my flight left at 7 a.m. and got to Orlando by 9:30 a.m. Troy came over to pick me up when I got home :)
No comments:
Post a Comment