"“Dancing with the Stars” fans….Thank you for your patience in waiting for notification from us regarding the show! You are now receiving your official notification that there are a limited amount of line vouchers now available to next week’s tapings of Dancing with the Stars on Monday, April 11th and Tuesday, April 12th! The line vouchers are to be taken to the show and can be exchanged for a ticket on a first-come, first-served basis. Monday is the performance taping and Tuesday is results show featuring a special surprise guest performance!
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the immense popularity of the show, there is a system in place to ensure that as many fans as possible get a fair chance to see the show; therefore, if you are unable to take advantage of this voucher to see the show or if the vouchers were gone before you saw this email, then please RE-JOIN our waiting list after Tuesday, April 12th so that you can be notified again at a later date.
Please use the link below and make sure to enter your information correctly and choose the correct number of vouchers for your party. You may also find us on Facebook where we run weekly contests for priority tickets to Dancing with the Stars.
For Monday’s show (3:30 PM arrival-8 PM finish) pleaseCLICK HERE.
For Tuesday's show (3:15 PM arrival-7 PM finish) pleaseCLICK HERE.
Also, last minute tickets do sometimes get released, so if there were no tickets left by the time you opened this, please check back on Monday and Tuesday morning to see if any opened up.
Again, thank you for your patience and thanks for being a fan!"
So, of course I requested my tickets right away for Monday's show because I knew I wanted to watch all of the contestants compete rather than see the results.
After confirming that I had responded in time and that I had tickets to the show, I checked with Troy and he couldn't go. So I posted on Facebook that I had 3 tickets left and my friend Rachel jumped at the chance to go. I had just talked myself out of going Saturday evening before she told me she'd come and I'm so glad it worked out because Dancing with the Stars was amazing!!!
We flew to Boston Sunday where we met and enjoyed clam chowder from Legal Seafood and took the 66 bus out to the boat pier to take a walk around the harbor by the airport.
The weather was slightly chilly, so we were glad to have jackets. After exploring that area, we headed back to the airport for our flight to Long Beach. All of our flights went smoothly and we landed in Long Beach around 9:30 p.m.
We decided to sleep at the airport and then woke up in the morning and bid on a room by the airport on Priceline. My first bid of $40 was accepted by 2.5 star Best Western of Long Beach. They had a shuttle that picked us up at the airport and we were able to enjoy breakfast before catching the Metro up to Hollywood.
| We had a room on the third floor. |
| The Metro stop is right in front of the hotel! So convenient! |
We went over to the gate to ask what time we should plan to be back in line and they told us 2 p.m. So we walked around the neighborhood surrounding the CBS studio and grabbed a bite to eat. When we got back to the gate, there was already a line at 1 p.m. Next time I'll have to remember to bring an umbrella and a folding chair and get there earlier. A man was renting chairs for $5. Not a bad business... We waited in line until 2:30 when they started clearing us to go inside the fence. After having our IDs checked, we were escorted to benches to wait until 4:30. They had upscale port-a-potties for us to use with running water and mirrors - LOL! We could touch up our make up!
| Hurry up and WAIT |
| Heading in :) |
When they allowed us into the building, we were taken up to the balcony right above the judges table. We were on the first row of that balcony right in the middle. I wore my white dress and it made it easy to pick myself out of shots on the TV screen. I was so excited to see the set up for the orchestra. I don't think there could have been a better show to watch live. We couldn't hear a word that Tom and Samantha said into their mics. The noise in the studio was crazy! I had to keep reminding myself not to watch the taped packages because I could see them later at home. I wanted to see how the show was run and watch the set changes. We were excited because Tom and Samantha came up to our balcony early in the show for part of the taping. Later the violinist came up also. During the commercials, we enjoyed cheering and laughing at the audience guy who is trying to keep everyone enthusiastic and in line with the rules. We had to stand up to be able to see the judges. Bruno has a hard time staying in his seat! Len got the biggest BOOs of the night criticizing the Harry Potter routine.
I loved being there for this show with such talented musicians accompanying the dance routines. David Garrett (violin) and Katherine Jenkins (vocal) were fabulous. Poor Kirstie had a shoe malfunction and couldn't get it fixed fast enough, so she danced the rest of her routine with the two smallest toes hanging out of the shoe :( Poor thing! She had been practicing so hard all night. I know she wanted to nail it after the problem the previous week.
After the live show ended, we got to stay and watch a piece taped for Tuesday's show with the violinist and the professional troupe. They ran through it twice for the cameras. I was excited to get to see more because the evening flew by and I didn't want it to end :)
The dance routines were to the following songs:
Wow! That sounds so exciting! I'm so glad you and Rachel were able to have a spontaneous, fun getaway! I still haven't watched the show, but I have it recorded. I'll look for you in your white dress.
ReplyDelete