Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Crazy Solo Utah Trip

Last Wednesday I headed out for Utah to give a termination of lease notice to our current tenants in SLC and to sign a contract with our new ones. 

The first few days went smoothly and I was able to enjoy time with Mom, Janell, Tat, Andrew, Cami, Troy, and their kids.  We had a picnic in Janell's new basement with snickerdoodles baked in the new oven.  We enjoyed dinner at Guru's and our tour of the Bloch exhibit at the BYU Museum of Art.  We also had a chance to go to Janell's women's conference at her stake and I LOVED the classes.  I'll put some of my notes in another day.  I think I needed the encouragement for the days ahead...

Saturday night mom broke her foot 2 hours before heading to the airport to fly home.  We weren't sure it was broken, but we had her take a wheelchair through the airport.  We felt awful leaving her there all by herself.  Later Janell and I had a yummy dinner and shopped for some sequin clothes for Kate.  A sweet lady gave us her coupon since she wouldn't use it and I saved 40% off my bill :)

Sunday I went to our Lindon ward and enjoyed seeing some of my friends.

Since Monday, I have been completely swamped trying to get our SLC house cleaned and transferred to our new tenants and being blindsided by other blessings (challenges!).  The house was a mess with gum on the walls, ashes in the fireplace, 3 broken doorknobs (huh?), a pool having destroyed the lawn in the backyard, a dirty fridge, dirty windows...  I could keep going!  Thankfully Maria, Janell, Cami, Samara, and Spencer were able to come help me clean.  It looked much better when I left Monday night and my new tenants started moving in :)

Meanwhile, I got a call Sunday night that I could come pick up the keys from our tenant in Provo because he had moved out.  I'm just thankful I was already here and could take care of it.  I listed it on KSL.com on Monday and had prospective tenants by Tuesday afternoon.  I also was able to spend all of Tuesday cleaning the apartment :(  I had to scrub floors, walls, cabinets, the bathtub, sweep the carport, and clean windows and blinds, and vacuum.  I really need some time to recover.  You can guess that I'm super excited thatToday we signed the contract and I handed over the keys. 

Since I didn't have enough to worry about, our water softener decided to call it quits while sabatoging the water lines to the toilets Monday night :(  We couldn't get a plumber to come Tuesday, so finally this morning one came to fix the toilets.  Now I'm just waiting on another plumber to fix the water softener.

Visiting with my friend Stephenie helped keep me sane this week!  I loved the chance to catch up.

2 comments:

  1. You're a champ, babe. Glad to have you home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowie! Hopefully you can get some rest when you make it home.

    ReplyDelete