We have stayed busy the past 10 days attending some fabulous free events. Our first event was 3 in Motion at Dr. Phillips Center for Performing Arts on Feb. 4th. It was a dance concert by the high school dance magnet program, Valencia Dance Theatre from Valencia Community College and Yow Dance, a local professional company. It was interesting to watch the different levels of dance from each of the groups since they intermixed their performance. We took the whole family. A favorite number was based on the game Twister. It was hilarious :)
The second event we attended was the Public Art Walking Tour of Downtown Orlando on Feb. 5th. Jared, Kate and I had a great time walking around town to see the different stained glass windows, paintings and sculptures in the area. The tour lasted two hours and the kids had some thoughtful questions to ask the tour guide Terry Olsen. You can go to Orange County's Website for information on local art with pictures of the individual pieces.
Last Thursday (Feb. 10th) we got a chance to go to SAC comedy club and thoroughly enjoyed it! I haven't seen Shauna's performances yet, but I was excited to be able to see what I've heard about for years. They keep their shows family friendly with a box people have to wear on their heads if they say something inappropriate. After the show we headed over to Anh Hong for our favorite fresh spring rolls and some che ba mau (3 bean or rainbow drink). For the last stop of the evening, we went to the Cameo to listen to 3 bands perform. One of them had a parachute, confetti, and some leaf blowers to increase audience participation. Riff! performed last and was the most talented group of the night.
Feb. 12th was my last day of tickets to events. Kate and I went to Pride and Prejudice at the Orlando Shakespeare Theater for a matinee performance. I LOVED it!!! The script was fast paced and well written. They used very little props and the casting was great. I wouldn't mind going to see it again :) That evening Troy and I went to see the Orlando Ballet's Battle of the Sexes II at the Bob Carr Theater. They had such a variety of pieces and I loved the music they selected.
I love that I now have your blog address! I thing blogs are wonderful things to have and use. Have you ever done a blog book? They make blogging that much better!
ReplyDeleteI want to do a blog book since my kids enjoy reading it so much. I just need to get better about bringing my camera with me so I can have more pics :)
ReplyDelete